Sunday, February 23, 2014

Food For Thought: Proverbs

     Proverbs is one of my favorite books in the Bible, it has so much to tell us and the scripture passages are small enough to quickly and easily commit to memory. I recently was reading through the book of Proverbs and picked out a few of my favorite passages. Now don't get me wrong, they're all great verses, but these are some of my favorites!

"The one who guards his mouth protects his life; the one who opens his lips invites his own ruin." - Proverbs 13:3

"There is profit in all hard work, but endless talk leads only to poverty." - Proverbs 14:23

"A tranquil heart is life to the body, but jealousy is rottenness to the bones." - Proverbs 14:30

" A gentle answer turns away anger, but a harsh word stirs up wraith." - Proverbs 15:1

"The eyes of the Lord are everywhere, observing the wicked and the good." - Proverbs 15:3

"If you stop listening to instruction, my son, you will stray from the words of knowledge." - Proverbs 19:27

"Teach a youth about the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it." - Proverbs 22:6

Hope ya'll have a great week!
Ashleigh 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment as I love hearing from you guys! Please type nice, no rudeness or foul language, and no links.
Thanks!
Ashleigh