Sunday, November 24, 2013

A Time For Thanksgiving


     Right now, I'm curled up by the fireplace, Michael Buble Christmas is playing, and it's all of 20 some degrees outside. The weekend is almost over and Thanksgiving will soon be here.
     Speaking of Thanksgiving, what will you be doing Thursday? Some people are having dinner with family, others are just staying at home. Some people will be alone on Thanksgiving, others surrounded by people that love them.
     One thing that keeps coming to my mind is our pastor's comment this morning in church. He talked about how Thanksgiving isn't a time to just think thankful thoughts, it's a time to be thankful and give thankful giving. It's a time to share and give to one another. Be it just a phone call, a note dropped in the mail to a friend, or a small gift; it's a time to be give thanks and share.
     Some of my favorite verses for this time of the year (really any time) are:

"Give thanks to the Lord, for he is good; his love endures forever." ~ Psalm 107:1

"I will praise the name of God with song, And shall magnify Him with thanksgiving." ~ Psalm 69:30

"Enter His gates with thanksgiving, And His courts with praise. Give thanks to Him; bless His name." ~ Psalm 100:4

What are some things that you are thankful for? Think of that song "Count Your Blessings".
I'm thankful for:
-Jesus and my salvation
-Freedom
-Family
-Friends
-Food
-Our home
-A heater that works
-Good health
-Clean, fresh air
-Sleep (Although I would like more, I'm thankful for what I get!)

My list could go on and on, and I'm sure yours could too.
But for tonight I think I'm going to head to bed and try to count some sheep. Or maybe I'll try turkeys tonight. Just to keep with the season!
Have a wonderful evening,
Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment as I love hearing from you guys! Please type nice, no rudeness or foul language, and no links.
Thanks!
Ashleigh