Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Slow-Cooker Cheeseburger Soup

Most of the time when I make soup I like for it to be thick and creamy or chunky. But this one was actually really good for how simple and light it seemed! Check it out, try it, and let me know what you think.

You'll need:
1 clove garlic, minced
1 onion, chopped
1 celery rib, chopped
2 lbs. ground beef, browned
2 T. flour
3 cups canned chicken broth, divided
1 cup evaporated milk
8 ounces Velveeta, cubed
1/2 t. paprika
1/4 t. salt
1/8 t. pepper

Let's start with our skillet. I use cast iron because I love it... And with cast you can get a workout while your cooking (carrying it around and such). What other cookware can do that??
 
Toss in your onion, garlic, and celery.

And sauté. (Cook until tender) ( And I used two kinds of onion because I was running out.. Oops!)

Dump in a large crockpot.
 
Brown your hamburger and dump it in too.

Then in a small cup, combine the flour and 1/2 cup broth. Stir until lump-free. Dump this in the same skillet you browned hamburger in and add the remaining 2 1/2 cups broth.

Bring to a boil and then pour into the slow cooker. 

Add the evaporated milk and stir.

Cube your cheese and toss it in too.

Add your seasonings, stir, and cook on low for two hours. If pressed for time you can always heat through on the stove.

 Enjoy!
Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment as I love hearing from you guys! Please type nice, no rudeness or foul language, and no links.
Thanks!
Ashleigh