Saturday, October 26, 2013

5 Things I Love About October


1. Autumn Colors
This is the time of year that makes one happy to just be outside in the cooler weather, so long as you don't think about the coming months when all is gray, brown, and white. Sad. But I won't go into that. The transition from the summer green (or in our case, brown) to the red, orange, and yellow is beautiful! And it's the perfect time of year to take loads of pictures! (As you can probably tell if you've been following my blog any.)

2. Loads Of Food!

Something about fall just makes people feel like baking more often. Maybe it's the cooler weather or the fact that the guys hang in the kitchen longer after dinner now, than during the summer. I'm not sure, but whatever it is, I love it! The cookies, the cakes, the pies, and, in my case, cheesecakes! They all end up showing up on our kitchen bar sometime during the month of October.

3. Football, Baby!

Okay, yes, I admit that I know very little to nothing about football. And I'm really not that crazy about watching a whole game. Anyone close to me shouldn't be surprised by that revelation. But I do know that it's something that most all of my family will sit down and watch together, and it's nice to have everyone in one place sometimes! And wherever there's football, there's food. Hearty stick-to-your-ribs kinda food. (Have I mentioned that I like food?)

4. Relax Time!

Do you ever feel guilty when you get a new magazine in the mail and you want to go sit and read it, but you know that there's something to do elsewhere and it's calling your name? (That's where mental earplugs come in handy!) That's how I felt throughout the whole summer. So now that it's cool outside and dark by 7 o'clock, I can go relax with some hot cocoa and a stack of books and magazines or a sappy romantic comedy during the evenings. Yay!

5.  The Holidays Are Upon Us!

That feeling where you know that Christmas and Thanksgiving are getting closer, but you don't need to do anything for them, hits me hard during the fall. Except maybe think about gift shopping... But that's purely for fun! If you're kinda crazy like me, then you love shopping and look forward to it all year long! 


Happy October! Ashleigh

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave a comment as I love hearing from you guys! Please type nice, no rudeness or foul language, and no links.
Thanks!
Ashleigh